Monday, June 23, 2008

Mindset or Sales Skills

I received an email this week that said the following:

As a sales person myself I find that sometimes I get "on a roll" and can do no wrong while other times I can't sell a life preserver to a drowning man. I think its probably in my mindset and posture.

What do you think is more important in Sales ...Mindset or Sales Skills?

I don’t think you can be truly successful without both, but I can say that I have trained people with average skills and mindset to become outstanding performers, so I’d have to say skill (not to be confused with experience – that makes you knowledgeable, but not necessarily successful or effective). By the same token, the best mindset without skills won’t do you much good. Good skills tend to lead to good mindset.

No comments: